BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 10, 2010

I have cast my vote

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -John Quincy Adams


today is my first time to vote. and this is one hell of an experience. first of all i am the only voter in our family who will vote in taguig. the rest of my family are voters in makati. i woke up around 6:00 am and i immediately drank my morning coffee and took a bath. i left home around 6:30 am in the hopes of being in my precinct at around 7:00 am. my precinct was at tenement elementary school and i already made my research as to where the location of my precinct is. i took a cab up to tenement and eventually made it to the school by walking. i followed what seems to be this long line where the voters of that precinct didn't have the proper manner as to properly fall in line. they just cut wherever they want! when this man tried to cut i shoved him around my shoulder and to his shock abandoned his attempt and just cut the person behind me. when i reached the school, which is jam packed with voters, jejemons and jeje caps, i then searched for my cluster. and then in such horror i saw that my cluster wasn't there. i checked my note as to what my precinct is and to my dismay, it says tenement elementary school (annex). that's when i asked around where the annex is and found out it was nearer to my house than i thought.


after realizing my mistake i walked out to the highway and took a jeepney to C5 and then took another one towards my real precinct. when i arrived there, the atmosphere was totally different. yes there are also many voters there but not as many as my previous location, but there is this relative peace and order. people know where to go, the teachers are very accomodating and there are relatively no jejemons there.

once i got to my room i was happily assisted by a teacher to the holding area. there i waited for around 45 minutes to cast my vote. i chatted with a few people and made a few laughs too! i also saw these old men flirt with young girls and i was just like stuck in between the two. my wait was relatively stress free even if it was hot because the people i waited with had a sense of humour and weren't impatient.


when it was my turn to vote, i happily showed my id and took my ballot together with a folder and a smartmatic marker. i tooked a photo of my ballot and took out my list of politicians to vote. me forgetting to eat breakfast proved to be disadvantageous since my hand was shaking as i was shading the oblongs at the ballot. nervous that i shaded partly outside the line i nervously approached the PCOS machine and inserted my ballot. to my relief my vote was registered and i proceeded to have my nails dabbed by indelible ink. i then placed my thumb print to the official list and signed off. my part was finally done. i have cast my vote. i pray that my choices are God blessed for the sake of our country's future.




and as i was leaving my precinct i took a final photo of my first election day. i'm the one on the left with the black and gray cap and olive green shirt.


0 quirks: